Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 36 (almost 37) Doctor’s Appointment
-Twas my first vaginal exam. Whoohoo (not)! He told me that I am not dilated and my cervix is closed.
-He described how Bria is in me right now – head down (she has dropped!) in my pelvis, facing my right side. Her back is on my left side. Her legs and arms are all tucked under themselves on my right side. This explains all the pushing I’m getting on my right side.
-He also showed Michael how to feel Bria’s head from outside of my body. Michael’s eyes lit up when he felt her little head. I bet it was amazing. We tried again later at home but couldn’t quite recreate the obvious feeling that we were feeling her head. Oh well – she doesn’t need to be squeezed, poked, and prodded right now anyway.
-Had my maternity leave papers filled out. I should be ready to go!
-Doctor told me that it’d be safe to see me in two weeks (when I’ll be 38 weeks along). Mark your calendars – Tuesday the 19th!
AFTER THE DOCTOR
-We went to view Camden Grove Apartments and if we must choose an Apartment Complex, this one will probably be it. This week, weekend, and next week we are viewing houses. If nothing works out then Camden is where we’ll be.
-We went to Michael’s dad’s house to swap out cars. His dad has been helping get my car into a safe driving realm. He changed all my tires and my brake pads and I CAN’T THANK HIM ENOUGH!!! Now he is working on Michael’s break pads. All we have to do is clean out the interior and figure out how to put Bria’s car seat in. THANKS AGAIN TO MICKEY RYAN!
-Finally collapsed at home. So much to do and so little time to do it.
--------

Below are two different videos (that can be found on YouTube). The first one was created by my coworker and good friend, Tammy. She has been such a sweet sweet person to be around at the office, and a constant light of happiness. I’m so glad to have her in my life. Tammy and the rest of my great department threw me a baby shower a few weeks ago and had me in tears while this video played. Check it out.



The second video is a -SHORT- clip I made for Michael, back in February. It was for a contest (which is why it was so short – contest restrictions), and it did not win. But I made it out of love and I hoped that it would be something he would enjoy regardless. The people in the video are family, friends, coworkers, etc. Most of Mike’s family and friends live about 5 hours away from us, and it was important to me that he know how much he is loved during THE month of Love (Feb). I recruited as many people as I could to help me with the video and I thought it came out well. Plus it features one of our songs – I love you baby, by Frankie Valle.




We recently purchased our first video camera (family videos, here we come!), so stay tuned to see more and more of our lovely faces. (insert cheesy grin here)

No comments:

Post a Comment