Saturday, July 16, 2011

Well hello blog. It’s nice to see you again. I know it’s been a while – please forgive my absence.
In all seriousness, I do miss blogging. I wish I could write in here every day but my daily life has turned into a whirlwind (yes, even more than it used to be), and I have NO TIME.

Work is going well. Everyone at work is wonderful and always inquiring about how I’m feeling, and how baby Bria is doing. But I’ve been staying busy at work – staying late, or taking short lunch breaks – because I’m training two people at once. These two ladies will be splitting my work while I’m out on maternity leave, and there is so much to teach/learn in so little time. I have faith that these ladies will do great while I’m out, but I still feel like I have so much to show them. When I get back I plan on working hard in a future attempt to get a promotion to Analyst. For now until forever every financial/work-related decision I make is for my family and becoming an analyst would be great for us.

At home, it’s kind of a mad house. Michael and I have been staying with his dad for the past week to pack. There’s still a lot to put away but we’re getting there. We plan on taking all of this back to my house on Monday.
On downtime we have been running between rentals, looking and then applying. We’ve applied for two rentals (a house and a condo) and have been waiting eagerly in hopes we’ve landed one of them. We’ve even considered buying a house. But… so far the odds are looking… bad. So, because things aren’t looking that great we’re also looking at some more houses/townhouses/condos… and will probably be putting in applications for all of these, plus an apartment this week. Every day I get more anxious about moving, but I try to remain optimistic. I know that God will help us find a home. But in the meantime all we can do is look and apply, and pack. My lease is up on August 1st.

It’s hot right now. REALLY HOT. Memphis has been on the news once or twice so far this summer with summer heat temps over 100. I’m constantly sweaty and my feet/ankles are ridiculously swollen. My fingers are starting to swell but my face/upper half is mostly normal. Last weekend I spent some time in Michael’s dad’s pool, so that was nice. Otherwise I’m always drinking water or ice tea, and trying to stay inside as much as possible.

The rest of the time Michael and I have escaped into a new show we love, Game of Thrones. Unfortunately we finished the 1st season already. To be honest I haven’t cooked at all lately. I’m either too hot, too uncomfortable, or just not in the mood. All I want to do is pack, find a place, and unpack.

Speaking of uncomfortable, I have had some intense night-time false labor pains. I think Brianna is bouncing on my sciatic nerve (which explains why my right foot and ankle are super swollen), and sometimes I jolt upright in pain. The pain is a very intense, but short-lived, stab… and although it’s really uncomfortable I don’t mind it too much. Sometimes I get excited and think maybe I’m getting closer to being in labor. My false labor contractions are mostly in my lower belly, and they never intensify or get closer together… which is how I know they’re not true contractions. I’m praying that something definite happens when I go into labor – like my water breaking in a tremendous GUSH, but according to statistics that doesn’t happen as often as you’d think.

This upcoming Tuesday I’m going to see my doctor again (we last went two weeks ago). I’ll probably get another vaginal exam (to see if I’m dilated at all), and an ultrasound (to see how big she is right now). Right now we're seeing Dr. Taylor every 2 weeks -- last time I had my first vaginal. I am not dilated and the doctor didn't think I would be, thus the 2-week intervals. A HUGE HUGE HUGE part of me wants to be dilated and wants to look forward to meeting my little girl as soon as possible, and another huge part of me is praying that everything is locked up tight. The thought of her coming late really doesn’t upset me either; We still have so much to do and I feel like I need more time.

Michael and I toured the hospital last week and it’s beautiful. I think our stay there will be great and I’m looking forward to the day that we walk in there, expecting to walk out with a beautiful baby girl.

Her kicks are so strong – I still love to feel her move. This is the one part of pregnancy that I cherish and will always cherish. Something I’ll look forward to the next time around ;)

I don’t know when I’ll be able to update again. I’m sorry for the lack of blog posts. Keep hoping and praying for us that we find a house soon. Once we find a place, and get situated, I’ll have more time and space to get my thoughts down “on paper”. Otherwise it might not be until our little girl is here that you hear from me again!
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment