Saturday, February 18, 2012

You can tell a lot by looking at someone's Pandora stations. I have stations set up for any of my musical cravings. From music that will help me concentrate at work, to getting pumped up and cleaning the house. I need a different type of music for the different hats I wear.

Some of my stations are: Beatles radio, Antonio Vivaldi radio, Katy Perry radio, Mumford and Sons radio, 1990s radio, Jason Mraz radio, The Four Tops radio, Film Scores radio, Ambient radio, Black Eyed Peas radio, and Yann Tiersen radio (plus a few more).

I was content switching and forth between my long list of stations.
Until I thought of something.

I sing and dance with Brianna when I can.

And isn't music good for her development? ...or something like that...

I did a little research.
Turns out there are baby-targeting stations on Pandora too! I did a little happy dance because I totally felt like I discovered a little-known treasure. And the more I searched for baby-targeted tunes, the more stations I found.

Now I'm a subscriber to some new stations like...
Disney (children's) radio, Toddler radio, Rockabye Baby radio, and Raffi radio.


Disney is just that. Songs from The Little Mermaid, Lion King, Mulan, etc. So of course you'll get some classics like Hakuna Matata, Supercalafragalisticespialadocious, and Two Worlds of which you can sing and dance along to. For those of us who wanna reminisce about the good ole Disney days, this is a fun station.


Toddler radio has kid songs that you know, and some that you don't. Think If You're Happy and You Know It, and She'll Be Comin' Around The Mountain When She Comes, and others that are in the back of your brain hidden somewhere in the info you haven't thought of in years.




Rockabye Baby plays a miss mash of lyric-less lullabye versions of your favorite songs, and then good ole rock songs you enjoy (originals). Think a lullabye version of Mr. Brownstone by Guns n Roses, followed up by the original Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan. This is a good compromise for baby and parent. But don't expect up-beat tunes. This is definitely my go-to for laid back, background music.




Raffi radio is music of the artist Raffi, and others like him. Raffi is "children's entertainer". Raffi has his own versions of classics like Wheels on the Bus, but he also has many originals. If I were to describe his style, I'd call this Raffi dude the Jack Johnson of kids music. Strumming guitar, pretty sounds, and a something is just beachy about it.




The Lullaby station is another good go-to for laid back, softer tunes. Thing melodic, harmonic, Enya-ish (with some Michael Buble thrown in here and there!). Probably good for bed time or nap time, or just chill-out time.

Enjoy, and happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment